A sampling of projects undertaken by CliftonGroup International Limited:
Migration from Satellite to Terrestrial IP for a Major US Television Broadcaster: Acting as the senior solution architect for a major US television broadcaster planning on a migration from legacy broadband satellite distribution to a terrestrial broadband MPLS IP-VPN distribution network. The new system architecture includes the integration with OTT delivery networks, the migration to HEVC and 4K UHDTV and the provision of a variety of cloud computing services. The project includes modeling of system performance, developing alternative system architectures, writing test plans, preparing budgetary estimates and implementation plans and running RFI, RFQ and RFP processes. Now moving into a second Proof of Concept (POC) demonstration and evaluation phase and adding Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Service Bus(ESB), Digital Asset Management (DAM) and CyberSecurity requirements.
- Cloud Computing and OTT Delivery: Project leader for a large US corporation to define the business plan and strategy for establishing a new cloud computing business focused on Government IT and new media applications including file-based workflow and OTT content delivery (both VOD/COD and streaming to mobile/connected devices). Forged several strategic partnerships and developed new strategic plans and business models for the business. This initiative also included identifying cross platform and business synergies with the client’s wireless, maritime and government business units.
- M&A: Completed one acquisition for a Quebec company that specializes in advanced signal processing and noise reduction for HDTV and digital cinema and have completed two other M&A projects– one for a large European communications company and the other for an Ottawa systems integration company.
- Virtual/Interim CEO: Acting as a virtual/interim CEO, developing the international distribution business plan, post-production agreements and investment package for a company that specializes in 3D stereoscopic movie production company.
- Stereoscopic 3D/Rights Agreements/Strategic Planning: Developed the business plan plus negotiated rights agreements and service level agreements for the launch of the world’s first stereoscopic 3D HDTV Video on Demand (VOD) online store. As a follow-on task, led a team to acquire international distribution rights for live 3D alternative content for digital cinema networks.
- Expert Witness: Served as an expert witness on technology and international industry businesspractice in a contract dispute between two European companies held in Brussels under International Chamber of Commerce Arbitration (ICCA) rules and European law